Rocky Mountain Field Botany Course Certificate
|Field Intensive Offering
We will be offering field intensives only for 2021. Details will be posted after January 8th, 2021.
For further information before then, please contact us at email@example.com, or 720-406-8609.
The full certificate program will be held in 2022.
ABOUT THE COURSE | The Rocky Mountain Field Botany course is designed to provide a thorough introduction to field botany, positive plant identification, wild-crafting ethics, and sustainable harvesting and preservation techniques for the beginning to intermediate student. The main focus is on hands-on experience, along with a variety of lecture formats and labs. This year we will have an additional focus on wild edible plants.
- Tuition $1,000 (for current CSCH students) $1,250 (graduates and general public)
- With a deposit of $300 (for current CSCH students) $400 (graduates and the general public)
- Books and materials $200 (subject to cost change and non-refundable)
- Application Fee $50
High School diploma or equivalent. | RMFB Syllabus 2020
- Introduction to botany: terminology and plant anatomy, 3 hours
- Introduction to the botanical keying method of plant I.D., 3 hours
- Introduction to plant family characteristics
and I.D., 3 hours
- Botanical dissection lab, 3 hours
- Keying lab I, 3 hours
- Wild-crafting ethics and legal considerations, 3 hours
- Harvesting and medicine-making techniques lab I, 3 hours
- Keying lab II, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab II, 3 hours
- Keying lab III, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab III, 3 hours
- Keying lab IV, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab IV, 3 hours
- Botanical ecology and plant communities, 3 hours
- Advanced keying techniques, 3 hours
- Advanced harvesting techniques, 3 hours
- Advanced medicine-making methods and practice, 3 hours
- Collaborative botany exercises, 3 hours
- Independent study project (keying assignments), 14 hours
Total Certificate Hours: 68 Hours
For more information, call us at 720.406.8609
or email Info@ClinicalHerbalism.com
View more botany videos on our YouTube page.
Follow us on Facebook for botany mini-lessons and much more!