Rocky Mountain Field Botany Course Certificate
Field Intensive Offering
We will be offering field intensives only for 2021. Details will be posted after January 8th, 2021.
For further information before then, please contact us at email@example.com, or 720-406-8609.
The full certificate program will be held in 2022.
ABOUT THE COURSE | The Rocky Mountain Field Botany course is designed to provide a thorough introduction to field botany, positive plant identification, wild-crafting ethics, and sustainable harvesting and preservation techniques for the beginning to intermediate student. The main focus is on hands-on experience, along with a variety of lecture formats and labs. This year we will have an additional focus on wild edible plants.
- Tuition $1,000 (for current CSCH students) $1,250 (graduates and general public)
- With a deposit of $300 (for current CSCH students) $400 (graduates and the general public)
- Books and materials $200 (subject to cost change and non-refundable)
- Application Fee $50
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Introduction to botany: terminology and plant anatomy, 3 hours
- Introduction to the botanical keying method of plant I.D., 3 hours
- Introduction to plant family characteristics
and I.D., 3 hours
- Botanical dissection lab, 3 hours
- Keying lab I, 3 hours
- Wild-crafting ethics and legal considerations, 3 hours
- Harvesting and medicine-making techniques lab I, 3 hours
- Keying lab II, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab II, 3 hours
- Keying lab III, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab III, 3 hours
- Keying lab IV, 3 hours
- Harvesting techniques and medicine-making lab IV, 3 hours
- Botanical ecology and plant communities, 3 hours
- Advanced keying techniques, 3 hours
- Advanced harvesting techniques, 3 hours
- Advanced medicine-making methods and practice, 3 hours
- Collaborative botany exercises, 3 hours
- Independent study project (keying assignments), 14 hours
Total Certificate Hours: 68 Hours
For more information, call us at 720.406.8609
or email Info@ClinicalHerbalism.com
View more botany videos on our YouTube page.
Follow us on Facebook for botany mini-lessons and much more!